The mission of the West Oakland Youth Center is to provide a safe environment where young people are engaged and supported to explore and develop their talents and skills.
We envision West Oakland to continue as a thriving community with a proud history, where people are informed, connected, engaged, and empowered to shape their future. To realize this vision, the West Oakland Youth Center (WOYC) serves as the growing comprehensive transitional aged youth center in West Oakland, where youth and young adults learn together and become change agents for the community.
- Focus: working with historically underserved, promising youth and young adults
- Integrity: keeping our promise to youth, young adults and the community
- Collaboration: working together to solve problems in our community
- Accountability: being responsive to youth, young adults, their families and the community
- Leadership Development: being youth -driven and developing future leaders
- Relevance: being culturally relevant and using best practices to serve the community
- Sustainability: strong leadership, capable staff, quality programs and abundant resources